Starting our goodbyes...

Monday, May 7, 2012

Well somehow this whole moving thing hasn't set in fully yet, but I am definitely aware of the need to spend time with people we love.  I know that we're not going away forever and that we'll be home a good bit, but I think I'm starting to feel like I want to fill our social calendar with good times with good friends this month.

This week (well I think it's last week now that it's Monday) was a week full of good times.  Monday was Matt's last day of medical school, and John and I were SOOOO happy to have him home more! I'm remembering that parenting is infinitely easier with another set of hands (and brains and heart) around.  Matt helped take John to school for me a few days and this was some of their morning escapades.

According to Matt, John studied this box for a long time and then finally decided to get in it.

And then Matt gave him this lovely doo-rag. Ah! Too much!

Armand and Holly came over for dinner Wednesday night (I think?).  It was nice to get to spend some time with them and John kept them very busy with ring around the rosie.  He also thoroughly enjoyed Holly's banana pudding! We're going to miss these two more than we can say! We just keep hoping that maybe Armand will Match closer to us next year!!

Friday I took most of the day off so that I could go to Honors Day for Matt.  My darling husband surprised me with a massage Friday morning, and I couldn't have been happier! He is the most thoughtful man.  Anytime I'm approaching stress overload he is so quick to show up with chocolate and diet coke or a some other happy.  This time he went all out with an hour long massage! I know, I know.  No one wants to hear me brag about my incredible husband.  After the massage, we had a wonderful lunch and then headed to Honors Day.  I thought Matt had been invited for a renewal of a Family Medicine scholarship he was awarded the prior year, but that joker won STUDENT OF THE YEAR! Like for the whole class! He and Lyssa Taylor Weatherly (one of his classmates) tied for the award this year.  I was so, so, so proud of him (and you too Lyssa!)!  I cannot say how proud I am.  There are just not enough words.



I couldn't get very close to get a picture, but you get the idea!  Go Matt!

Saturday we headed to the coast to visit with family and friends for the weekend.  Saturday we went to Kite Fest in Long Beach with family and had a grand ole time! Honestly, it was really, really hot! It was fun to spend some time with my niece and nephew though.  

Gotta love this place. You can't tell from this picture, but the kites were neat!

Uncle Matt, McKenley, and John. Love these three.

Does John look hot and miserable to you? Poor guy!

Jackson (my nephew) reallllllllly enjoyed this slide!

And so did McKenley! 

I got sunscreen on the lense of my camera so John looks like he is standing in smoke.  He wasn't thrilled about getting on the fire truck.  I think he was just tired because normally he would have been all over that!

Cheese!

John LOVED being with McKenley.  He wanted to hold her hand all day.

Some more cousin love.

Saturday afternoon we went by the McCormicks to get to visit with them while we were on the coast! John enjoyed spending some time with them, but really loved spending some time with their dogs.  It was so good to see them! We don't get to do it enough, and there is nothing better than catching up with your bestest friends.  Just feels like home.  We're trying to convince them to come to Daytona Beach to go to Disney soon. Like June or July!!!  I somehow managed to not get any pics of Shaunna and Robert. Boo Jenni!

Saturday night we had dinner with some of our great friends from St Thomas.  This group has seen me go from an overly dramatic teenager to a wife/mother/social worker (who still may be a bit dramatic at times).  I could go on and on about how special these people are to me, but I'm pretty sure I would cry and crying is to be avoided at this point because if I started it would last for days.  Let's just say that through this group I met God, and I am forever changed for it.

Thank you Lisa for getting this group together!

Love all of you! 

We had dinner at Hook in Pass Christian.  You should absolutely check this place out! It was delicious!!!  I think half of my hometown was eating there Saturday night so we ended up running into so many people that I have missed so much.  It was a great night!

Sunday morning it was an early mass and then Matt and John headed off to Moss Point to spend the day with Nina and I stayed in Gulfport to have a girls day with my mom, sister, and soon to be sister-in-law.  We had lunch at Chili's because they left the picking up to me and I will pick Chili's everytime! Pretty classy joint!  After lunch, we had mani/pedis! Talk about a weekend of indulgence for me.  I NEVER get a manicure or pedicure or a massage, but I checked all of those off my list this weekend! And I had dessert...twice! I call that success.  I once again failed on getting any pictures of us, but I promise it actually happened. Mary Alexis was brave to join her soon to be in-laws for a girls day, but I think we were pretty decent company! Of course, she did have to hear all of the family stories about my crazy brother and all of his shenanigans. ;)

It was a super busy week and weekend, but it was very enjoyable! I'm in Tupelo for work today and tomorrow and then we're off to Daytona Beach on Thursday to find a house! This week will be equally as busy, but I hope to report back very soon that we know we're we'll be living in...24 days.  24 days??!!?!?!?!?!  Holy Moly!

Again, thanks to everyone that made this week great and make our lives more enjoyable to live! Y'all are the best! 





No comments:

Post a Comment