The New Normal!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I am painfully behind on blogging so I decided to try to go through pics and just pull some.  There are pics and videos galore but I think I already uploaded like 150 to this post so I think I'll have to cut my losses on the other 900 or so. Whoops!

Going through these pictures makes me realize how much change happens in such a short time.  These are from a week or two before Kai was born until now...3 months post Kai.

I am blown away by how much my big boys have grown up.  

Sam is now talking up a storm.  He can say anything that he wants and rarely stops talking.  All of that worrying about him being a late talker was wasted time.  He is still so coordinated and athletic.  His favorite past time is playing with a ball or jumping on his new trampoline they got for christmas. He is still as snuggly as ever but is as mean as a snake when he wants to be.  I never have to worry about John hurting him, but I'm almost always worried about him hurting John.  Sam is so rough and tumble.  He is definitely what they call "all boy."  He is also hysterical and keeps us laughing.  But of all of the boys, he's the handful.  The lovable, cuddly one that you better never take your eyes off of!

And John is getting so so grown up.  He is totally a kid these days.  He is reading a good bit and doing addition and subtraction and just shocking me with how much he has learned in school this year.  He still loves all things pretend and spends most of his days dressed up.  He got a real deal compound bow for Christmas (yes...Santa is a crazy man) and is pretty dern good at using it! He loves to come home from school and go straight outside until dinner (except for 5 pm Wild Kratts time).  I love this age because he is kind of good company these days.  He can just chat like a tiny grown up.  He is really the funniest and best kid.

And when you get the two of them together, it's a roller coaster of love and hate.  All of a sudden they interact just like brothers.  They play and play and laugh and laugh and then all of a sudden one of them has taken a plastic hammer to the other and they are rolling around trying to kill each other.  It is all day.  As a woman I find this behavior puzzling, but Matt assures me it's normal.

And the two of them incorporate Kai beautifully.  They are so sweet to him.  I never expected them to adore him like they do, but they are all about "their baby."  Kai just smiles at them all day...unless he's had enough and then sometimes he wants to be in another room enjoying a minute of peace and quiet.  Poor baby!

I feel like all of a sudden life is normal again.  You can't help but go through a weird patch as you welcome a new baby and adjust, but 3.5 months in and life feels manageable and normal.  The days start out amazing and by dinner usually everyone is crying about something, but we make it.  The boys are so happy with one another, and Matt and I are exhausted and work from sun up until sun down (and then I take the every couple of hours shift during the night), but it's a happy and full kind of tired.  

And here is some catch up from the last few weeks...except for Christmas.  I'm going to try to do a separate Christmas post!





This guy became a boogie boarding maniac this summer and fall and heck early winter too.








4 days old and already at mass! That's the Catholic life for you Kai.

All of my loves in their natural habitat.

It's an eye patch.


Learning to nurse and cook at the same time. ha!


Early days of getting used to waking up to this little guy being next to me.



Celebrating our dino loving two year old!


Kai and Sam- the twins








First bath for Kai!

Daddy had lots of help with the bath

My new normal for walks.  

Family of 5 at the pumpkin patch!





John's Florida project.  He did it himself and was so proud!

Freaky Friday at school

Big boy is writing away.  He made the sign for our candy bowl on Halloween!


Love this face.

Already sword fighting

This guy cries all day for food and figured out if I said no he could get it himself...he just can't figure out how to get back down.


This is just our stuff on the monorail at disney.  Ha!

Nursing another one through Magic Kingdom



John sounding out words all by himself these days! "git well" for our neighbor

Check out that knot! Happened at the library story time if you can believe that!



These snuggles tho

Farm day!





I spy Captian Hook face!






Thanksgiving!






The best surprise ever! The McCormicks showed up for my birthday!  It was amazing!





Birthday date with my main man!


Best surprise party for my big 3-0!  It really was the best birthday.




Can sit forward in the carrier now! Helllooo world!

Birthday carriage ride in St Augustine!






We go to the farm to enrich them and they still choose to do this!






A forced audience. ;)







And that is life as of late!  What a blessed mama am I!  Kai's 3 month post is coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment