Kai continues to grow and develop and be the sweetest thing around. Here is a quick run down on the Kai-ster at 3 months:
At 3 months Kai is:
* Probably around 12ish lbs and 24ish inches? (I don't really know, but that's my guess!)
* Nursing great (Kai used to only nurse when he was hungry every 2-4 hours, but I find that he is starting to want to nurse when he's sleepy as well. It gets him to sleep quickly and with minimal effort on my part so we go with it.)
* Waking up to the world! (My sleepy baby is a little less sleepy. He has stopped being able to sleep through everything and is starting to need quiet, uninterrupted nap time. Those newborn days can't last forever I reckon.)
* Is in the hold me phase (Kai likes to be near mama. Like almost always. I have resorted to carting him around with me in a baby carrier, but it keeps him happy and me productive so it works. Santa brought him a new play mat, but so far it isn't keeping his attention for long. So for now, we're joined.)
* A trooper (Still trucking a long with this crew with minimal complaint...it makes you a trooper)
* Loved on constantly (He has a very high tolerance for having little people in his face all day. He just smiles and smiles at his brothers.)
* Takes a pacifier (Hallelujah! He really loves it too. Maybe even more than John did.)
* Smiles all day (all you have to do is give Kai a three second glance and it thrills him. He is a pretty low maintenance guy in that way. He is so happy to get a little attention every now and then that it carries for awhile. Poor third child!)
* Sleeps...like a Murray boy (What can I say? I've never had a great sleeper. Kai is not napping for long stretches yet and needs to be coaxed back to sleep a few times to get a decent nap. At night he will sometimes give me one 5-6 hour stretch, but it's usually every 2-3 hours still. For some reason all of our boys want to wake up at 5 am. John is sent back to bed regularly between 5-6 am and Kai has a very hard time settling after 5 am. Not sure how it could be genetic because while Matt and I are both early risers we like to sleep until 6 am at least! I blame Poppy...he wakes up at 5 am daily.)
* Doesn't roll over yet, but does roll on his sides (He doesn't get enough floor time or tummy time so the rolling over thing is probably my fault. Well I blame Sam actually because the minute I put Kai on his tummy, Kai cries because he doesn't like it and then Sam demands that I pick him up. Sam is so protective of Kai and is so upset if he is crying.)
* Grabs things (Like hands...he loves to hold hands.)
*Drools like a madman! (Kai is drooling dude. His brothers never drooled like this, but his shirt is always wet and so am I!)
* That smile (Not only does he smile a lot, but that smile will melt you. I'm telling you, Kai just sort of exudes sweetness. He smiles with his whole body...it's the best.)
And here are a few pictures of that sweet sweet boy:
His favorite position to fall asleep in.
He was really into opening presents this year.
That smile.
First trip to the beach!
Smiling through the chaos!
There is something so peaceful about holding a sleeping baby. I could do it all day.
Loves time with his brothers! A little drum session with John.
Already playing super heroes!
And already taking selfies.
And a little Kai video at 3 months old!