I am officially almost 21 weeks- 20 weeks and 5 days today!
I feel great. I honestly have to remind myself all the time to slow down, drink more water, eat, etc. because I forget that I need to take care of baby Kai too. I am starting to get heartburn again....and by starting to get it again, I mean that I have heartburn all day and night, but that is nothing new for me during pregnancy so I will just go back to getting most of my calcium through tums.
Here is sweetness at 19 weeks! He measured 19 weeks and 6 days and was picture perfect! Thanks be to God. He is definitely a boy and we could not be more excited. There are things that I would love to experience with a girl, but I think adding another little boy to this zoo just feels right.
We think he has a name! Kai Andrew Murray
I know what you're thinking... John, Sam, and then Kai?! What is that about?!
I honestly have no good answer for that question. I love the names William and Reid, but Matt has been leaning towards Kai and I'm usually the first to shoot down such names, but this one just seemed to kind of fit this little guy. I think the fact that this has been my easiest pregnancy thus far and the fact that I have an anterior placenta which makes him seem calm compared to his brothers has us somewhat fooled into thinking baby three is cool as a cucumber and deserves a name like Kai to fit that personality. I am positive that he will end up being the most energetic of them all since we are crazy enough to have labeled him easy at this point, but alas so far it seems like Kai Andrew will be this angel's name.
Kai has been actually measuring very close to his due date which is also a first for me. Both of the other boys measured two weeks ahead or so. I'm holding on to hope that maybe Kai will be an average sized baby. I'm not trying to win any contests here- I have done the 8 lbs thing and I could back track to 7 lbs without argument.
There are four of us girls from high school that have been best friends for a long time and keep in touch through group text, and three of the four of us are currently pregnant. Most of my belly shots are silly pictures that I have sent to them so forgive the hilarity that is these pictures.
17 weeks!
This is also 17 weeks and a couple days but looks smaller than the one before. I think it's the morning illusion.
19 weeks!
19 weeks and trying to remember how to walk in high heels. Why would I publicly share this? I have no idea- I think I have lost all shame at this point.
20 weeks and 4 days! Getting bigger by the minute!
I am starting to gain weight every where and not sleeping quite as well as I'd like, but all in all, baby Kai has been so good to me. My goal from now on is to remember that he will actually be born and get to work! We are going to move John and Sam into the same room in early June I believe (pray for us), and are essentially leaving Sam's room as is except for buying a crib for Kai (Sam is NOT ready to be in a big boy bed...we will just own two cribs) and changing the monogram on the wall. We will only live in this house for 9 months after Kai is born so it doesn't make sense to us to go too overboard with redoing the nursery. Oh baby three- you get practical parents, but they are also relaxed and experienced too.
Matt and I get more excited by the day to know this little guy. John and Sam's personalities could not be more different or more fun and I know getting to know Kai will be just as joyful.
Big brother John is pretty excited about Kai. Big brother Sam is completely clueless and I have mild anxiety about him trying to smoother the poor thing. All part of being a growing family I guess! :/
Until next time!





