I'm pretty sure that my days of having very specific blogs for each activity that we did as a family are behind me, but at least I can try to keep up once a month or so with what these wild boys have been up to.
They are both at such fun ages (albeit exhausting ages) and are interacting more like brothers. They fight a good bit and laugh even more.
Here are some pics from what they've been up to recently!
Introducing Sam (and Ollie who is pictured at some point) to John's beloved Waterfall Park!
This poor cat.
Sam and Ollie
And then at some point I decided we should take the boys canoeing. We really only had one major issue trying to paddle upstream on the way back and it was short lived. All of the boys all did so well and Sam never tried to jump out which was success in my opinion!
Sweet, sweet friends.
Love this crew!
And then the very next day we had to get all bundled up to go watch dad cross the finish line for his frist 5k in years! He totally got 2nd place. Because he's amazing. Gooooo Dad!
While Matt worked the marathon after he finished the 5k, I decided I would dye easter eggs with these two. Oh sweet lord it was mess. And very short lived.
And Sam ended up looking like this. People just don't realize the real dangers in dyeing easter eggs.
But the egg mishap turned into the need to hose off the back porch and the boys so that was fun!
We did a lot of this for awile. Not sure what was the deal, but Sam went through a week or two of just being a mess. I tend to blame teeth when this happens just so I feel sorry for him instead of not liking him at all for the fussy times.
The one egg that was decorated. John is a bit of an extremist in all things. This egg is the perfect example. He dipped it in every color and put as many stickers as he could on it.
Dad's new toy that has resulted in broken glasses and everyone (but me) having an injury.
It's soccer season again! John's team has a great coach this season and they are on fire! John...well he mostly still does his best to avoid all contact with the ball but he is great at cheering on his team and giving high fives when someone scores.
Family bike rides. Sam is obsessed with bike rides and waving to everyone we pass. It's precious.
Easter morning sleepy eyes.
Lots of brother snuggles happening amidst the wrestling.
Another day and another comprising situation for Sam. This was him stuck in a handstand trying to get something out of the tub.
And apparently a love for sticks is genetic.
Our future radiologist at the children's museum.
I've been forcing myself to walk for the last week and every day we encounter a ton of wildlife. The boys love it and they are so heavy in that stroller that after 30 minutes of pushing I feel like I have done a day's work. This is the gopher turtle that lives in a giant hole in our flower beds.
And this is Sam in quack quack heaven. He didn't even mine that the mean duck snatched the pretzel out of his hand!
Still watching these ducks.
Lots of this going on these days as well.
My boys. All three.
The other day after church, Matt had to go to work and Sam was napping so John and I laid in my bed and watched grown up tv. We started with Deadliest Catch, then the History Channel, and then some other show, but we only watched about 5 minutes of each before I realized why grown up tv was for grown ups and not the most inquisitive four year old ever. I did laugh hysterically after some commercial came on about weight loss suplements or something along those lines as I never pay attention to commercials and john said "mom I've been thinking about losing some weight." WHAT?! We had a nice discussion about how kids only job was to eat right, exercise, and gain weight. And of course, John replied "so only fat grown ups need to lose weight?" Oh my. I am terrified that he will be lecturing me in no time on my need to lose some weight.
This cart saves my life on days when I have to grocery shop with these two.
I took these sweet ones to Disney all by myself yesterday. It was an exhausting day, but it was totally manageable. Might be doing this again soon!
John's honorary conductor card got put to use on the train yesterday. He had a blast saying all aboard! I will include the video after the pictures.
We had a couple stand offs in the line. Lines were the hardest part as Sam didn't totally get why we had to just stand and wait. This is him pouting. It's kind of a cute pout.
How we pass the time. Hug downs.
The Haunted Mansion silliness.
These poor boys inherited my sweat gene. They can look hotter than anyone.
Cooling off at the Dumbo play area.
A much needed dinner before we hit the road.
Disney coma all while loving on our sweet Cheetie. By the way- Sam who does not call me mama has now started calling this snow leopard by name. Something ain't right about that.
And now a few videos:
Just a day in the life.
John actually kicked the ball in a game! Progress!
Mr. Conductor himself!
Disney tired folks.
The spell check isn't working, and I'm rushing to finish this. Fogive me for what nonsense this blog might say.




























































