The good news is that I think that means this pregnancy has been pretty easy on me. My doctor claims that it's just that I'm so busy with the boys that I don't have time to notice pregnancy symptoms, but I'm pretty sure if my nausea were as bad as it was the first two pregnancies, 10 children wouldn't distract me from it. It is all ecompassing.
So far- I have no complaints right now. I feel good. I can eat well (yikes). I'm a little tired, but that's nothing new- we work and play hard. My only complaint is that I don't feel this baby move much. I felt both boys very early and this little one gives me a panic attack daily because he/she rarely gives me kicks hard enough that I can feel them. I know it's way too early to be worried about that, but I have to have something to worry about right? Matt fusses at me and says that I'm going to jinx our one chance of having a baby that isn't wild and crazy if I keep complaining about it. Because I have access to medical equipment, it is a constant battle not to call Matt and ask if I can come up and hear the baby's heartbeat or have a quick ultrasound, but he cut me off this pregnancy. He has deferred all of my care to my ob so I'm stuck with every month appointments and praying for peace. My ob called him a "hard ass, but a smart hard ass" and said he sided with Matt because he said if Matt couldn't find the heartbeat one day that I would panic and most likely everything would be fine and baby was just tucked away somewhere that made it difficult to find and that I would end up calling the ob in a panic at 6 pm for an ultrasound. It all sounds a lot like a conspiracy to me, but alas I wait until my appointment next week to check on sweet baby three.
Sweet baby three has not given me much time out of maternity clothes. These third babies just plop right out there.
Awkward belly shots coming at ya!
I think this was 14 weeks. My belly looks small at the start of the day and huge by the end of the day so these pics may not seem to go in order depending what time of day it was. Excuse my outfit and the state of my closet but I have been in move out what doesn't fit and in the maternity clothes mode.
15 weeks and a few days
16 weeks today!
I think I am carrying this baby similar to how I carried the others, but I'm not totally sure about that.
This was Sam at 15 weeks:
Seems like a similar position just smaller.
People put a lot of stock in things like how you carry a baby and what that means for gender, but I'm not sure of the validity in that. This pregnancy has been so different from my first two that I think there is a chance this baby could be a girl, but it was also just very different circumstances with nursing through the first trimester. An entirely different set of hormones going on there! And for record keeping purposes- Sam is officially all the way weaned. We got him day weaned two weeks ago and after a little over a week of being day weaned the fella decided to start sleeping through the night! Who would have thunk?! So he hasn't nursed at all in a week. And I'm actually fine. I thought I would be sad, but he is doing so well that I don't feel any sadness at all.
I have an appointment a week from today and I'm hoping we can do a quick peek to see if this baby is a boy or a girl. I literally have no strong feelings. People don't believe me when I say that, but a little girl would bring some diversity and a change of pace for our family, but the truth is so would another little boy. Sam is a completely different child than John regardless of them being the same gender and I know this baby will be the same. Can't wait to see what baby three has in store.



