The blog is looking a little different right now because I'm in the middle of making some changes to it! I recently wrote a little piece for the Physician Family which is a new publication for...you guessed it, families of physicians. They will link the blog to what I wrote so I wanted to try to bandaid the blog and make a specific page that is the family blog stuff and is password protected and take all of the identifying information out of the blog (like the title for example) so that's why it has a new name, etc. As soon as I can figure out how to password protect the family stuff I will be happy to share the password with anyone who would like it. I am pretty much an open book, but I wanted to be able to give my kiddos a little privacy. Anyway- maybe one day I'll find out a better solution to this, but I needed to do something before the article runs in April!
And now on to the real important things...
So this happened!
This is the picture we sent to our family. It wasn't that far off for what our reaction was to this news. Ha. We call this baby Hap which is short for happy accident. I have always dreamed of having a whoops baby because our two boys were very much planned, but I should have clarified on the timing there. ;) Really though, we were shocked at first, and now realize how great this timing will be for our family and how blessed we are for this little one. Next year will be crazy as Matt will be a fellow and I will be managing three kiddos on my own a good bit, but what I have learned from life in the last few years is that is always crazy. I keep waiting for this magical moment when things slow down, but I get the feeling that we're just getting started.
Here was our sweet baby a month or so ago. This baby has been fairly good to me. Started this pregnancy just as sick as I was with the boys and was miserable for a month or so, but then the nausea just sort of eased up. I'm still a little sick off and on and tired a lot of the time, but it is nothing unmanageable. I feel like life is able to go on as usual which is such a huge relief and blessing to me. It is so hard on me to feel like I just have to lay around. It definitely goes against my nature. I'm not sure if that means this could be a baby girl or if nursing while pregnant has some sort of affect on morning sickness. Yes...still nursing and pregnant but we almost have Sam weaned. It is happening very naturally which I am so very grateful for. I think he'll be weaned by the end of May and so far it has not been painful for either of us.
John is pretty indifferent to having another baby and poor Sam has no clue what's coming. Should be interesting!
In other news....
Matt signed a contract for a big boy job this morning! If all goes as planned, we will be Mississippi residents again in July 2016. We are very excited and very terrified and very relieved and very sad and pretty much every emotion that one can experience. We will be beyond sad to leave this area because we love it more than we can say, but we also felt like we needed to give living back close to family a try. So here we go! Can't believe these things are all actually lining up!
Tried to get him to smile for me with the contract but he wouldn't do it. This was as good as I could get.
Matt has been killing it recently. Interviewing for jobs, negotiating jobs, being chief resident, completing his normal job duties, studying for the boards that are next week (prayers please), moonlighting in his free time, and somehow managing to be a pretty stellar husband and dad. The man deserves a break so it feels good to check this job thing off of his list. The next few months will take a few more of those things off of his list as well and we are all ready for him to get to a chance to breathe a bit. Don't be surprised if you hear from us and we've snuck off to Mexico.
And here are a few pics of life with these two precious boys over the last week or so.
More blogging to come! Lots to keep caught up on!










