The last few weeks.

Monday, July 21, 2014

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of fun!  I have never fully experienced summer time until we moved here.  It is a constant vacation which is tons of fun and only slightly exhausting.

Today is the first day that I have been at home alone in quite some time and my head is swirling with lots of things that I'd like to blog about at some point, but first things first- I have to post recent pics.

Unfortunately, I did a horrible job taking pictures over the last few weeks.  Ever since I banged my camera against a wall and temporarily broke it at Disney, I have been so hesitant to drag it with me every where...especially the beach or the pool.  And that is where we've spent most of our time.  Anywho- I'll share what I have.

The last weekend in June we got all dolled up to bid farewell to some of our favorite third year residents.  Some of them moved just down the road, but some moved back to their home towns to practice there.  :(  Well...sad for us, happy for their families I guess.



We left graduation and went straight to the condo where Matt's sister, her children, and Nina had arrived and started a week long vacation with them.  Unfortunately Matt couldn't take the week off but he joined us when he could.

We spent a few days hanging out at the beach and the pool at the condo.  And John had a huge moment at the condo.  He learned to swim! Big boy went from being terrified to put his face in the water to swimming in about 3 weeks time.  I still can't let him get in the pool without an adult, but he did swim the entire length of the pool last week so I think he's getting closer.  So proud of him, and he LOVES it.  He's become my little fish.

Here's one little video from that week.  Jumping in and swimming some:

And this little water baby learned to eat sand.

John's cousin, Hunter, will play dress up with him which makes him a pretty cool cousin in John's book. ;)

One afternoon we scooted over to Downtown Disney for dinner.  


The whole crew at Planet Hollywood.

My childhood nightmare. ;)

I think I took a million pictures of Sam sleeping in his beach gear.  I just don't think anything is cuter than a sleeping beach baby.

 Got to watch a thunderstorm roll in as we sat on the balcony.  Does anything get more relaxing than that?

 The fourth of July we headed to St Augustine for the day and had plans to go to the firework show in Ormond Beach that night, but it rained and rained and our kids started to melt down so we had to opt out of it.  Maybe next year!

At the fort in St. Augustine.




So funny that you can see me in his sunglasses.



 Debbie- this is where I just deleted that picture of you trying to climb out of that tunnel in the fort. You're welcome. ;)



Lunch at the columbia and then popsicles! Delish!

Not sure if you can tell that this crew was worn out!

We were sad to say goodbye to Debbie, Hunter, and Eva, but Nina stayed with us the following week so she could go to Destin with us the next week.  I'm pretty sure that made no sense.  While Nina was here, I was able to get us packed and ready for a week in Destin and run some much needed errands! Thanks Nina!  Oh...and I was also able to go on a date with this stud muffin.

We love Nina pictures.  Either Matt is headless or has 5 inches above his head.  It's endearing Nina Bear.  Promise.



He's a Floridian through and through.

John, Matt, and I also went on a fancy date while Nina was here to keep Sam.  It was so fun to take him to dinner and just focus on him.  We mostly played I spy.


 John wanted to get "fancy."  I later learned for him that meant that he wanted to wear his cowboy belt and boots and for me that meant a princess dress and high heels.  I tried John! This is as princess pink as I could find in my closet.

I love our little town.  We left dinner and they were having a Sounds of Summer band in the downtown area so we got some ice cream and went there to listen for a bit.  And put down some dance moves too of course.

The next day we all loaded up and headed west for Destin!  We hadn't been to Destin in ages.  It was beautiful but my goodness it was busy.  Luckily when you're staying in a big house with a pool across from the beach with your entire family, you don't have to travel out much.

 We spent lots of time in the pool!

More sleeping baby sweetness.

 Sunday night we had photos done with the entire crew and a few shots of just us.  I'm excited to see the pictures.  Sam was hamming it up and John asked me during the pictures when it was his turn to have some pictures taken of just him.  Oh my! I blame Matt for this.

 Taking all these kiddos to this beach was serious work but so fun to watch them all play.  Three girls (11, 9, 1) and six boys (8, 6, 4, 3, 1, 8 months)!

I can't help it.  Sleeping beach baby cuteness.

I also had to snap this rare photo.  I never see John sleep because he is not the kind of kid that falls asleep anywhere.  He will fall asleep in his bed only but when you share a room, you get a look at this.  It's like seeing a lion move at the zoo.  I was captivated.

Ghost crab looking!  Also-I have no idea what I'm doing with my leg here.





We also all went to Big Kahuna while we were there. My dad even forced me down one of the big slides. Ah!
This one loved to sit and splash.  Unless he saw me of course...then he wanted to picked up so he looks pretty unhappy here.  




 More sleeping baby.  I may have a problem.



Now that's a group!

We had a blast in Destin.  Lots of beach and pool fun, laser tag, water park, game night, and even braved a restaurant once (which upon examination was probably too brave).  

On our voyage back home.

Within a few minutes of being homed, I was back to reality.  One making a mess, one trying to get into the garbage, and laundry...oh the laundry.

But today is our first day being back in the swing of things after three weeks of vacation.  Matt's at work and we're at home.  Regular life isn't so bad either.



These two keep it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment