At 6 months Sam is:
* 19 lbs 3 oz and 27 1/2 inches
* Wearing 9 month clothing and size 3 diapers
* Still on Zantac and I'm still dairy and soy free (our sweet Sam is definitely got a sensitive tummy. At this point, it's hard to know whether he has something legitimately going on and will have a lot of food intolerances or if he's just got a sensitive tummy and having a hard time figuring things out. We recently learned that big boy can't handle his sweet potatoes, but so far that's the only solid food he just couldn't tolerate at all. Right now we're eating pears and rice cereal for breakfast and squash for lunch and dinner. After making sure that he is really totally fine with that, we'll try a few more things, but introducing solids is going to be a slow process for this guy. Crazy boy is still refusing a bottle and a pacifier so it's just nursing, nursing, nursing for now.)
* Eating whenever he wants (and he wants to nurse a lot.)
* Is a pretty bad napper (cannot get this child to nap for longer than 30-40 minutes during the day)
* Is all smiles and giggles (Sam is the smiliest kiddo around. He is just full of so much joy.)
* Sleeps in his own room! (Sam was booted out into his own room a few weeks ago because he started waking up every 30 minutes in our room. He's not doing all that much better in his own room, but we're usually getting 2 hours of sleep at a time. I have no idea when this will get better. I think he may be the world's worst sleeper. If he would take a bottle that would help this poor ragged mom get some sleep, but instead I stumble into his room every two hours and nurse him in some sleep deprived stupor. This too shall pass...I think...I pray...please Lord.)
* Loves toys and has moved into the jumparoo/bouncy thing and he loves it! (It's the only thing really that will keep him pacified while I get a few things done around the house. That and John.)
* Mostly likes the car these days.
* Doesn't mind tummy time because he's rolling over from front to back these days.
* Is reaching and grabbing for every thing (And loves to grab my hair and pull my face to his)
* Can sit up for a short period of time!
* Has two bottom teeth! (One came on Easter and the other came just a few days later...he was pretty fussy but I didn't even suspect teeth. Poor baby!)
* Is babbling a good bit (I swear when he's really upset he says "mamamama" but I know he's too young for that so I try to tell myself I'm just hearing things. He definitely babbles "dadadada")
* Still adores his big brother
* Is the sweetest (Seriously. He has the sweetest disposition of any little guy.)
I had so much fun taking pictures of him because John helped me. If you see any huge smiles, they are the biggest smiles that Sam's saves just for his hero big brother. These two can melt my heart I tell you.
So long month signs. This is where it ended with John too...
Nom nom
It's mine, mine, all mine!!
My musketeer helper. ;)
This guy loves his feet.
Special giggles just for John.
Trying on the outfit John wore in his 6 month pictures. It's a little more like a leotard on Sam, but we squeezed him in it!
Brother love. Be still my heart.
John at 6 months
Tried to recreate John's 6 month picture, but you can't get this guy to stay on his tummy for more than 3 seconds.
And just a couple videos of Mr. Sam as of late:
Ignore my awkward talking in this.
