2 months of Kai!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Well technically it's been 10 weeks of Kai, but this mama is doing her best to keep up so we're rounding that back to 2 months.  10 weeks of getting to know this fella has been fun for sure.

At 2 months Kai is:

* 10 lbs 14 oz and 23.5 inches 
* Nursing great (Poor Kai has had a cold for almost the entire last month so he is battling congestion while he eats and that has been a little challenging, but he nurses well otherwise. We nurse on demand still because it's easier to me, but he's not breast obsessed like a certain big brother.  He really likes a paci and nurses for nourishment more than comfort it seems.) 
* Still pretty sleepy (I feel like at 2 months some sleep habits are emerging.  He likes to take a long morning nap, but struggles to get good consistent sleep in the afternoon.  There is just a lot going on in the afternoons.  He has also used to falling asleep with motion because he spends so much time in the carseat or baby carrier so I know that is something that we will eventually have to deal with.)
* Still content but has his moments of fussy (Kai can definitely get fussy at night if he gets overstimulated or overtired in the afternoon.  He tends to fight sleep a little bit anyway at bedtime but if we've had a crazy busy day that amps up into a good fussy hour before he finally crashes.  I swear there is no torture quite like screaming baby torture.)
* A trooper (This remains so so so true.  He goes from here to there without much complaint.)
* Loved on constantly (His brothers are obsessed.  They are always in his face and they LOVE to wake him up so they can see his eyes.  "He open-anin his eye mama!" is something I hear frequently.)
* Takes a pacifier (Hallelujah!)
* Smiles all day and even at things like the wall (definitely googled that one recently.  He is so smiley and in the last few days chuckles a little too.  Oh it's my favorite!)
* Sleeps ok (What can I say..."it was the best of times, it was the worst of times."  He can sleep great one day and horribly the next.  My expectations are pretty low at 2 months)

And here is this sweet little love!  I had big plans for pictures but instead I just took them quickly while he was not asleep and still happy!  


That face.


Still a little guy.







He loves looking left and I'm always scared he has torticollis like John did, but so far, he seems fine. I just have to encourage him to look right!


Meeting Santa on the actual day he turned 2 months!




Kai says "hi."


A normal Kai smile.  Dimples all over.

I have so many pictures and videos on my phone that I'm out of storage.  I am pretty behind on updates but I will get to it soon...I think.  I refuse to give up on this little blog now.  I love looking back over the years too much.

Until next time!  Happy two months of this sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment