When I see people or talk to people right now, they all look surprised to see us out living life as usual with the recent addition of sweet Kai. I would hate for anyone to think that I have it all figured out and as I sat to ponder how to describe life since Kai's arrival, the word overwhelmed is the word that always comes to mind.
I am completely overwhelmed. I am overwhelmed by how quickly Kai was an irreplaceable part of our family.
I am overwhelmed by how much work someone weighing only 7 lbs and 8 ounces can add to my life.
I am overwhelmed by how much I think about ice cold diet coke and how quickly I have remembered how to function without sleep. Consequently, I am overwhelmed by how much slower my brain works when I'm not getting any sleep.
I am overwhelmed by how lucky I am to be in a marriage that is strengthened by the birth of another baby. I am overwhelmed by Matt's ability to know what is on my mental to do list without me saying a word.
I am overwhelmed by how one moment in the day I'm saying "three kids is a piece of cake" and the next I'm in the fetal position in my closet.
I am overwhelmed by how much the big brothers love their baby. I have yet to see an ounce of jealousy.
I am overwhelmed by how much the big brothers fight, and I am extremely overwhelmed that babies come into the world so vulnerable and still survive having two big brothers.
I am overwhelmed with how much I cherish this newborn period because time has taught me how quickly it goes, and I am so overwhelmed by how big John and Sam are compared to Kai.
I am overwhelmed by what an intense blessing each healthy baby truly is.
I am overwhelmed by how much John can talk and how Sam is attempting to be the poster child for the terrible twos, yet at the end of the day I could cry because they are so damn cute and sweet.
I am overwhelmed by how easy going Kai is and how confident I feel this time around.
I am overwhelmed with what a miracle nursing a baby is and what a gift it is when it all goes smoothly.
I am overwhelmed by how much Kai looks like his big brothers.
I am overwhelmed with learning how to meet every one's needs at one time.
I am overwhelmed by how intoxicating the smell of a new baby is and how quickly I forgot the gory side of childbirth...even after experiencing it for a third time.
I am overwhelmed by how blessed we are to have family and friends who love all three of our boys as much as we do.
At the end of the day I am just so overwhelmed.
By God's infinite goodness.
By the amount of unending grace he gives.
By the fact that an infant can be the catalyst to remembering how very loved you are by your maker.
We are good. We are moving faster than ever. Sometimes we are all crying at the same time. We are rarely all sleeping at the same time, but at the end of every day I feel immensely blessed.
And overwhelmed with joy.












































Love your family. The pics are awesome
ReplyDelete