Somehow another month has flown by since uploading pictures from my phone. And somehow I manage to take so many pictures during that time that it is unreal. These boys can never say I didn't document every waking moment. :/
It is now mid-July practically and I still can't say that we have our summer schedules down, but we are having fun regardless. This summer has been the toughest yet because John no longer naps and I am used to having at least a little quiet time everyday to get the things done that I need to get done (you know...the rest of life that doesn't consist of playing). We're slowly but surely getting a system established for that OR I'm forgetting to do a lot of things, but either way, the summer is progressing.
I feel like we have had a lot going on with Matt's graduation and family visiting for that and then the endless cycle of someone being sick. Never have we ever all been this sick before but I think most weeks someone has been sick at least a couple days. As sad as it is, I'm learning a lot from all of this sick business and mostly it's that at the end of the day, I am still as reliant on God's good grace as the next guy. I cannot heal them. I can only care for them, and that has nearly killed me but is always a humbling and important lesson to learn and relearn.
And without further ado, catching up through pictures!
I went to get some strawberries and found this... Unfortunately John was totally busted because Sam doesn't like strawberries. A day in the life!
John went to Vacation Bible School for the first time this year! He was so so nervous about me leaving him the first two days, but he did so well and learned so much. He still brings up things that he learned, and I am honestly shocked at all that he absorbed in that one week.
And while brother was at VBS, I was home with this poor guy who finally caught one of these viruses the rest of us have been sharing. Thankfully he caught a very mild case and was his normal self as long as he had a little Motrin in his system.
We went in Hobby Lobby for something and left with a new lizard and snake to paint. Why or why must they love snakes?! There is nothing worse in my opinion.
Another Sam was sick day and dad's VERY LAST CALL as a resident. It called for movie night-aka: mama is ready for some peace and quiet night.
I tried to make the boys a homemade pizza to celebrate and then dropped it face down in the oven because Sam walked up and reached towards to open oven. Couldn't help but laugh at Matt's response.
VBS closing! A little known fact about John is that as outgoing as he is, he is really shy in a new social situation. He mostly stood in this entire program without singing or doing a single hand motion. I find that to be surprising knowing how talented of a singer and dancer he is.
But he is cute.
Surprise snow fell!
Sam loved it too.
Brotherly love
We took an impromptu trip to Ron Jon surf shop in Cocoa Beach after the VBS closing as we had never been before. Impromptu trips can be a blast or a disaster...this one kind of turned out to be the latter, but we did finally make it to Cocoa!
This is the downtown of our little town that we live in. The sun was setting and we were stopped at a red light and I just snapped a picture because sometimes you forget how special a place is until you have a moment like this. We love Ormond Beach.
The epic father's day pic that was photobombed by mom in a thong. But it was a fun Father's Day at the beach!
This guy conquered his fear of boogie boarding and I think it was the best present he could have given Matt. They are having so much fun in the water.
Backyard shenanigans
I look like a trauma victim but this is what I look like when Sam eats a Popsicle.
John got interested in Davy Crockett somehow and one day I glanced over to see this book at the library. John was beside himself excited about this find and we ended up reading this entire 100 page book during Sam's afternoon nap one day. Suffice it to say- you need Davy facts, I'm your girl.
And then we followed up the book with the movie of course because how else would you spend a rainy afternoon?
Nina (Matt's mom) and Nana (my mom) and Papa Jay arrived in town for Matt's graduation and we hit the beach while dad worked some of his last shifts as a resident.
I had to document this because that dot is John heading out to boogie board by himself. The child went from being terrified to fearless in a moment. He really is one of those kids who decides he's ready and he's ready. You cannot convince him or push him.
We had a great time at graduation and celebrating Matt! I did a separate post with a few pictures from that although I am embarrassed that I didn't take more.
Nina stayed a couple of days after graduation so that we could go car shopping. We were both slightly terrified of car shopping but it had to be done and we knocked out the entire car buying process in three hours. I'm 99% sure we could have gotten a better deal, but Matt and I are not the haggling types and we haggled as bet as we could and then agreed to the terms and moved on. We are LOVING the swagger wagon. It truly makes traveling with young kids infinitely easier. I don't even feel weird at all about driving the minivan because the convenience of it is so amazing. Mostly I just feel sorry for those without one. ;)
Breaking the poor thing in when we got home.
And some more random summer fun.
Me admiring the minivan from the third row...all that room...oh all that room.
We finally took the Sun Rail (a new commuter train) from Debary to Orlando to go to the Orlando Science Center. The Sun Rail was such a fun experience for both boys, but Sam was in train heaven. He totally got that we were on a choo choo train and was bouncing off the walls with excitement.
We had a blast at the science center and were so glad to bring Nina and Matt with us this time. I think Matt enjoyed it more than the boys.
This is just me bragging on Sam for a second. He has always made us nervous with his language being so much slower than John's to develop, but this dude has the fine motor skills of a three year old. He can stack blocks like you can't believe. This is just an example but he has stacked them taller than this even. I have learned to just accept that he is his own man with his own talents and apparently a future as an architect or engineer.
A very rainy fourth of july but we made it to the fireworks by some miracle! The boys loved it!
John and his pal Alayna at the fireworks. How cute are they?
A back rub from Ole John...this was actually a few minutes before stomach bug number two struck as all. It made for a lively week.
The boys vacuuming up their own mess to show me how responsible they are and that they should be allowed to have a pet turtle.
I did take them to look. Turtle maintenance just seemed like more than I have in me right now. And all of the supplies and the turtle was going to cost like $125. We have turtles in our yard daily so we'll continue to watch them in their natural environment for a little while longer. :/ I'm so mean. I know.
At one of dad's baseball games! How cute are these little fans?!
Library story time! John did the name tags.
Baking with John has always been fun...work, but fun. Add Sam- sheesh! Baking is taken to the next level.
Nina sent these crazy boys Davy Crockett hats and talk about making their day. They will not take them off!
And last but not least, a little bedtime drama from a toddler. Sam cried tonight for a banana at bedtime and I gave him one after worrying that he was going to go to bed hungry. Well it turns out he just wanted to hold the banana while he slept and was devastated when I took it back after waiting five minutes for him to eat it. Poor guy cried himself to sleep over the banana. Life with a toddler is a constant adventure isn't it?! Who would have thunk?? Serious tears shed over not being allowed to sleep with a banana.
And a couple videos for good measure.
VBS theme song
Sam's new and favorite word- "yah" It is hysterical to hear him answer yes to things, but actually very helpful that he finally figured that out so I know what he wants!
Our nightly dances to the fridge farm music while I cook dinner. Apparently I must through my arms up at the end in a tada motion because now he does it every time.
Just a snapshot of the daily life with these two.
Until next time!





























































