At 10 months Sam is:
* ~24 lbs and 29 1/2 inches (We are continuing to watch his head growth and will go in monthly until it plateaus or we break down and scan his sweet big head. Let's pray for a plateau.)
* Wearing 12 months and 18 months clothing (although I have been known to force him into a 9 month outfit.)
* Still on Zantac and I'm trying out a little dairy! (The first two dairy trials didn't go so well. The entire month of August the whole family passed around colds. Both times that I started back on the dairy, Sam would run a fever, spit up, have a runny nose, etc. so it was so hard to tell if it was just the same cold we had or the dairy. I waited for everyone to get well and am in the process of trying again. So far, he seems like he's doing ok. A tiny bit of a runny nose did return and one sort of ick diaper, but nothing that seemed to be a strong reaction. We're praying this continues! I tried a little cheese today and will continue to baby step back into the world of dairy. Although, I find that I don't really want it daily anymore. It makes my stomach hurt now. Go figure!)
* Loves to eat (This statement is the truest statement about Sam. He loves to nurse and has started to drinking from a bottle and a sippy cup out of nowhere! I have been trying to get this boy to do that for a long time, but in the last week he's just decided on his own that he likes to drink water from a sippy cup. He loves baby food purees and LOVES finger foods. His favorite is a sliced bananas. He would eat anything you put in front of him though and can chew and swallow so well. So different from his bird eating big brother.)
* Naps two times a day (Sam takes a 1-2 hour morning nap 2 hours or so after he wakes up and then goes down for a 2 hour nap after lunch. He is really a pretty great napper these days.)
* Is all smiles and giggles (Sam is the smiliest kiddo around. He is just full of so much joy.)
* Sleeps in his own room (He still doesn't sleep through the night. At this point, I should let him cry it out during the night, but I just haven't gotten there mentally yet. He has learned to put himself to sleep at naps and bedtime with no crying, but he still wakes up twice a night to nurse. We'll get there...either naturally or I'll eventually break down and let him cry.)
* Loves to get into things (Can't take your eyes off of him these days! He entertains himself quite well but it's often with things he shouldn't be messing with.)
* Is crawling! (He finally started crawling about a week before he turned 10 months.)
* Is working on his 8th tooth!!! (He is STILL working on that 8th tooth this month. 7 popped through so fast, but this last tooth is taking it's time.)
* Can say mama, dada, bubba, yes, no, and thank you (yes is said like "ya," no he says be shaking his head, and only rarely says thank you but it sounds like "tainttu.")
* ~24 lbs and 29 1/2 inches (We are continuing to watch his head growth and will go in monthly until it plateaus or we break down and scan his sweet big head. Let's pray for a plateau.)
* Wearing 12 months and 18 months clothing (although I have been known to force him into a 9 month outfit.)
* Still on Zantac and I'm trying out a little dairy! (The first two dairy trials didn't go so well. The entire month of August the whole family passed around colds. Both times that I started back on the dairy, Sam would run a fever, spit up, have a runny nose, etc. so it was so hard to tell if it was just the same cold we had or the dairy. I waited for everyone to get well and am in the process of trying again. So far, he seems like he's doing ok. A tiny bit of a runny nose did return and one sort of ick diaper, but nothing that seemed to be a strong reaction. We're praying this continues! I tried a little cheese today and will continue to baby step back into the world of dairy. Although, I find that I don't really want it daily anymore. It makes my stomach hurt now. Go figure!)
* Loves to eat (This statement is the truest statement about Sam. He loves to nurse and has started to drinking from a bottle and a sippy cup out of nowhere! I have been trying to get this boy to do that for a long time, but in the last week he's just decided on his own that he likes to drink water from a sippy cup. He loves baby food purees and LOVES finger foods. His favorite is a sliced bananas. He would eat anything you put in front of him though and can chew and swallow so well. So different from his bird eating big brother.)
* Naps two times a day (Sam takes a 1-2 hour morning nap 2 hours or so after he wakes up and then goes down for a 2 hour nap after lunch. He is really a pretty great napper these days.)
* Is all smiles and giggles (Sam is the smiliest kiddo around. He is just full of so much joy.)
* Sleeps in his own room (He still doesn't sleep through the night. At this point, I should let him cry it out during the night, but I just haven't gotten there mentally yet. He has learned to put himself to sleep at naps and bedtime with no crying, but he still wakes up twice a night to nurse. We'll get there...either naturally or I'll eventually break down and let him cry.)
* Loves to get into things (Can't take your eyes off of him these days! He entertains himself quite well but it's often with things he shouldn't be messing with.)
* Is crawling! (He finally started crawling about a week before he turned 10 months.)
* Is working on his 8th tooth!!! (He is STILL working on that 8th tooth this month. 7 popped through so fast, but this last tooth is taking it's time.)
* Can say mama, dada, bubba, yes, no, and thank you (yes is said like "ya," no he says be shaking his head, and only rarely says thank you but it sounds like "tainttu.")
* Still loves big brother and watches his every move
And now for the most pitiful photoshoot in history!
This guy is not going to sit still. And dad was in a hurry so this was as good as I got.
Adios!
This guy was willing to sit still and hold the sign. ;)
Here's one from the beach for good measure!
And here is our first crawl!
And here is getting a little quicker!
And here is my big eater. Sweet chubalub.
Happy 10 months sweet love!