My baby boy turned 4! Cannot wrap my mind around how quickly it happened, but when I look at him and listen to him, four seems about right. We decided to do another birthday trip to Disney this year since there is a chance we won't live here for his next birthday, and I'm sure he'll want to start having a party soon as well. We couldn't go on his actual birthday which was on Sunday so we headed over on Friday and spent Friday afternoon and night at Magic Kingdom and Saturday at Animal Kingdom. We were supposed to stay at our normal cheapo All Star Sports pick but they upgraded us to Coronado Springs so that was an unexpected surprise! The funny thing is that we may have spent a total of 8 hours in our room as we slept so it never makes sense for us to spend a ton of money.
Waiting on the bus to head to Magic Kingdom!
Daddy was post call. Dad's a trooper I tell you.
We got to Magic Kingdom and rode a few rides that we already had our fast passes for and then headed to the pirates shop to spend some birthday money. A couple people gave John some money to spend on his birthday trip and, in true John fashion, he would only spend his money on pirate stuff.
I got a similar look when I kindly mentioned that he already had several swords at home and we could choose something else instead. Wrong again mom. Wrong again.
Nonny and Callynn were meeting us for dinner and had a total crisis on the way so we ended up pushing dinner way back so they could join us. We knew we were staying for the fireworks anyway so who cares if you eat dinner at 9 pm right? Well the adults were all starving I think, but these kids were just as happy as can be. Seriously...they were happy. We have the best kids.
Love this face! This is the "OMG Winnie the Pooh is coming to see me face!" He gets just as excited every year. So sweet.
His love affair with Tigger continues!
You can only hardly see this, but Sam was less impressed. He was fine until the characters reached out and touched him and then he lost it.
Well we tried for a family pic...
Sister Callynn is an Eeyore fan. :)
Love watching the fireworks with him. It never fails to make me want to tear up a little watching Tink fly over and seeing his face as the show starts. John has never been an affectionate child but he snuggles so close in moments like these. It makes them worth the headache of taking two young kids to Disney.
We made it back to the hotel and had everyone in bed by 11 pm even with watching the fireworks. I thought that was pretty great.
Saturday we took off to Animal Kingdom for the day. It rained a lot so we didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but we got a couple with the real camera and some cell phone shots.
The crew.
We headed straight for the safari and that is where things got interesting for me. Little known fact: I own two Disney tshirts because I have been puked and pooped on by John while at the parks. I was wearing a white shirt this day and so I thought "I'll pack an extra shirt today just in case John gets Mickey ice cream all over us or something." Well it seems as though Sam felt jealous that John was the only one ever to get to poop on me at Animal Kingdom so he took care of that in the Safari line. I knew he had pooped but I checked and thought it was contained and could wait until after the safari, but I was wrong. As we got on the safari truck I saw that I had poop all over my shirt. Well at this same moment, poor sleepy Sam decided that he was exhausted and wanted to nurse and sleep. Of course, I had left the nursing cover in the stroller so it was either nurse the baby or listen to the baby scream. So I opted for discreetly nursing the baby with no cover while both of us were covered in poop by this point. Yes that was me...coverless breastfeeding while wearing poop. It was one of those moments where you can laugh or cry, and I had to laugh. Sam fell right asleep so this is us before I woke the poor baby up to clean us all up.
Got all cleaned up and the show went on!
I took a few pics of the Gorillas but they all had a glare from the glass. One of the gorilla mamas just had a baby and it was so freaking sweet to see her with that tiny gorilla baby.
Birthday boy loved all the rain. Rain makes puddles and puddles make him happy.
We had a great time at Animal Kingdom. The Lion King show was back, and we were happy to see it again! We also saw the Nemo show and rode most of the rides.
John even rode the Dinosaur ride, but was slightly terrified.

After our third outfit change of the day while everyone else rode the Kali River Rapids, we decided it was time to take these exhausted people home.
I think this face says "I'm done."

Both out very quickly upon driving home!
Right before we left for Disney John started telling everyone that we were having a Mickey Mouse party so I had to do a little last minute Mickey decorations. Made some Mickey cupcake toppers out of construction paper, ordered balloons, and found a Mickey banner- we called it a Mickey Party and thankfully John was thrilled as well. I was able to put it all out while he napped on his real birthday so I was happy for him to have one last bit of birthday fun!
His first race car. He has been asking for one, but I was too afraid to get the big boy ones that look intense so I was so happy when I found "rc" from Toy Story. Much more on our level.
Another costume to add to the collection, but he has been wanting this one for awhile so he was thrilled.
Every picture I have from this point forward is blurred like this one. He never stopped moving in that thing.
A little birthday breakfast while daddy worked (this pic got out of order somehow).
Happy Birthday dear Buzz! We love you!









