Time for a serious recap!

Friday, March 22, 2013

I've accidentally went off grid.  We have been very busy and not busy somehow all at the same time.

This blog will be my attempt to come back up to speed.  I can promise one thing...it will not be the most organized blog I've ever written.

Whenever I'm this out of blogging touch, the only thing I know to do is go through my iphone pictures to try to remember what has gone on.  Here is the story according to my iphone...



A little fun at the beach while dad surfs!

My darling chef helping me make breakfast.  He insists on helping. It gives me a stoke everytime.

Getting some much needed daddy time! Matt has been on his heaviest rotation since the beginning of lent (lent is how I date things at the moment.  I have no idea what day it is according to the calendar) and won't finish until late on Easter Sunday.  It's been a unique lenten sacrifice this year to say the least.  We miss daddy!


Some more fun times with daddy.

 We celebrated Scarlett's first birthday while we waited for Nina to come for a good long visit! John clearly wasn't into wearing his party hat, but what can you do? Boy has a mind of his own.

After the party, we went home to wait for Nina whose flight had been delayed.  John somehow willed himself to stay awake until almost 11 pm waiting on her.  It was a miracle as I was rocking him in the dark in his room thinking he would crash.  Nope.  Super hero strength for his Nina.

I did a horrible job of taking pictures while Nina was here.  In my defense, I tried my best to just soak up some down time while she was here to help. 

We celebrated Matt's 29th birthday! It's getting harder and harder to believe that our twenties are coming to an end.  We had a great time celebrating our sweet Matt.  Happy birthday again boo!

John insisted that we bring Nina to see the manatees.  It is his favorite thing to do these days, and I have to agree on his liking of this park.  It really is amazing.  

You want it to be cold when you go so that there will be plenty of manatees in the spring.  Let's just say, it was PLENTY chilly this morning.  Coldest I've ever been since moving to Florida!  I am officially becoming a Floridian...I am starting to begrudge the cold weather a bit.  When you get used to 70 degree weather most of the time, a cold day can really make you a shut in.



Another perk of Nina being here was being able to sneak off some nights for grown up dinners! We were able to try a few places that we have really been wanting to try, but weren't quite sure that John was ready to try. He's pretty good at restaurants, but he's been know to want to climb ALL OVER me for most of the meal.



John has recently gotten into hearing all about the birth of Jesus.  This is him in his swaddling clothes.  He will also sing you every word to The Little Drummer Boy these days.  In all honesty, The Little Drummer Boy can make me cry faster than any song ever.  "And then he smiled at me...me and my drum."  Gets me everytime.

A week into Nina's visit, we got another visitor! Uncle Walter came to stay for the bike week festivities!  John was super into his motorcyle.  He couldn't get enough.


John spent some time entertaining us over dinner with his Beach Boys repertoire. 


John also insisted that he bring Nina to ride on the mall train.  Poor Nina.

We were able to do some Easter shopping for big boy while we were there.  This is the first time in John's life that I have consented to Matt's request to allow John to dress more like a big boy for Easter.  It is really hard on me, but I don't really have a choice in the matter.  John was so upset over his Christmas outfit that I almost didn't get him in it for church.  He has declared himself to be a separates kind of guy.  No idea where he learned it, but he claims one piece outfits are "baby outfits."  I do plan on at least finding some cute smocked shirts and matching shorts for the spring and summer.  He's not a grown up yet!

In his defense, the boy looks cute in his big boy clothes.  This was him getting ready for his pal Emma's birthday party. 


After a great visit, Nina and Walter headed home at the end of last week.  We've spent the last week getting back to normal. 

 Walks on the beach, 


getting into mischief,


playing at the park (check out what this big boy can do!),

putting on shows,

eating his new favorite food,

And now unfortunately we're laying low.  John's pal Emma has been sick, and we've been kind of waiting around to see if John was going to get it. Unfortunately, today he woke up a little congested and a lot cranky.  Doesn't appear he's going to get a bad version of the crud, but we're going to lay low for a bit anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment